Recommendations, dive conditions and the price list.
Tihany brief history and wreck GPS coordinates.
Austro-Hungarian steamship Tihany was built in Trieste in 1908 ( length of 45.40 meters , width 5.75 meters and a gross displacement of 204 tonnes). Tihany was used as a transportation ship bringing on engine oil and coal . On 12th of February 1917 Tihany got stranded due to bad weather conditions and poor navigation. The rescue operation ended in failure and the steamship sank near Mamula Island.
Recommendations and dive conditions .
The wreck of Tihany lies on sandy bottom at a depth of 40 m ( Wreck GPS coordinates : 42:23:990 N/18:33:459 E ) . Although being at the maximum depth for recreational divers this wreck is one of the most visited dive sites in Montenegro.
• Diving into Tihany is permitted for advanced certified divers.
• It is recommended to mark the dive site with a diving buoys, surface support is required.
• Maximum depth is 40 m.
• Water temperature varies from 12°C to 25°C.
• Sea currents are negligible and the visibility is good ranging from 10 to 20 m.
• It is recommended to use a wet suit 5-7 mm
What is included and the price list?
• Boat transport.
• Tank + weight belt.
• Dive guide services.
Dive price at Tihany varies between €25 and €45 .
|number of divers||1-1||2-4||5-8|